In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another reloading bench question

salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
Im going to be building a workbench in my basement, and I am planning on taking up reloading.
Is it necessary for the bench to have a "lip" in order to mount the press? I thought I read that sopmewhere, but I want to make sure before making the bench. And if a lip is needed, how wide should it be?
Thanks.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
-Jimmy the cheese man

Comments

• Options
    The Load RoomThe Load Room Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey salzo I just did a search on the forums here and there are a ton of ideas for load benches, if you have your press handy set it on the counter, operate the handle and observe the clearance needed for operation, other than that it's a matter of mounting preferance ie.. through bolts, lag bolts or premounted plates. I need to setup a permanent system myself finally so I'll definately be researching benches for the next few months, goodluck![;)]

smokekidding.jpg

"Yeah but will it hold up in court?" TLR
  • Options
    knucklehead14knucklehead14 Member Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dsc00401.jpg

Bad spellers of the world

"UNTIE!"
  • Options
    knucklehead14knucklehead14 Member Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Need Any Helpful Hints/Tips For Reloading Bench". Look at the topic with that name on this forum, It has some awsome pics of benches.

Bad spellers of the world

"UNTIE!"
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Hey #14 A clean and organised Reloading bench is a sign of a sick mind[:0][:0][:0]
  • Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    hehe...it is a nice setup that he has. I wonder if "somebody" knows where that "old desk" went?
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Different presses will mount differently. Get the press you want and go from there. Keep in mind , though, that if you decide to upgrade or add another press you don't want to have to cut up your bench or make a new one. Versatility ain't always a bad thing.

Rob
  • Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Come on...Tell the truth.....That's your wifes reloading bench...!

"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.
    - Ronald Reagan
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options
    Bill CostikBill Costik Member Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For my becnh I got an old table from the High School Biology department. Its thick and really heavy, about 200 pounds, and its already beat up so I don't worry about marking it or cleaning my guns of in, etc. Best part was the price, free.[:)]