In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

starting to reload

jellomedicjellomedic Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
Want to start reloading .300 Win Mag. Looking to see what type of reloader to use, which setup. I was looking at the rockchuker what do you all think.

Comments

• Options
    ContacFrontContacFront Member Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cant go wrong with a Rock Chucker, get the Supreme if you can. More throw and a lot beefier.

Are you loading for hunting or match grade ammo? Or both?
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one and would use nothing else for rifle rounds.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Excellent Choice!

Eric
    allamericanarmsco@frontiernet.net

All American Arms Company

www.galleryofguns.com
    VIP Code: AAAC

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • Options
    jasonjenningsjasonjennings Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use the Rock Chukar on my 300 weatherby and love it! good luck!
  • Options
    PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used a RCBS Rockchucker for years and I have no complaints, it loads great ammo. I use Redding dies, RCBS dies, Hornady dies, Lyman and Lee dies. I prefer Redding but the RCBS work very well also. My only dislike of the above listed dies are the Lee's. They use aluminum in some of their applications and I prefer good steel over the aluminum. I've had to replace some parts on the Lee's because of this. My .02 anyway.
  • Options
    ironquackerironquacker Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only thing I use is a Rockchucker.The supreme is a good choice.If you are just starting make sure you check each and every case very carefully for cracks and excessive wear. I have been reloading for the 300 win mag, and many others for about 25 years.Try to keep from having any distractions while reloading.I hav tries many different diesfor the 300 and I like RCBS the best. Good luck and enjoy.

slwhitfield
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    The Rockchucker is built like a tank. While you can't go wrong with it it IS a bit pricey. I have one that I got used and it is great.

One cheaper alternative you might consider is the Lee Classic Cast press, a new press they just introduced, MUCH more solid than their earlier O fram press. If I were in the market for another single stage press, I would look there first, as it is half the cost of the Rockchucker but seems to be built like the proverbial brick outhouse.

Lyman also makes a great single stage press.

Stay away from C frame presses or Lee's cheaper O frame Anniversery press.

"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conf