In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

260 problems

jbjm04jbjm04 Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
I have a Ruger 260 Remington I bought it new and have only shot it maybe 200 times. The main problem is using brass fired in the gun full length resized I get exctaction problems with starting loads. no presure signs just sticky extraction. factory loads extract just fine.

I have been reloading for over ten years and have never had any kind of problem before this

Comments

• Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is not enuff powder just as bad as too much [?]
  • Options
    mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    describe your reload - in detail
  • Options
    jbjm04jbjm04 Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The best I can remember it was a remington case new, and 125 grain Nosler partition. I can't remember the powder but it was a starting load out of Noslers reloading book.
  • Options
    mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tough call on so little info. Sticky extraction is a red flag high pressure sign. Stop and check everything = maybe your scale isn't balanced and accurate - test it by weighing a bullet. maybe you got the wrong powder - maybe cases aren't sized correctly -- double check everything - reread the reeloading procedures in the front of your reloading book but figure this out before you do it again.