In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

dillon primer crimp remover

tatercatstatercats Member Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
has anyone used this? I reload military 06 and 223 alot. any feedback is apreciated. love it, hate it?

thanks
tater

Comments

• Options
    PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've used one for several years now. I wouldn't go back to the old methods again. They are fast and easy to use. I've run several thousand cses thru mine with no problems. It is a "feel" operation but easy to learn.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I second that! After you get the "feel" of it the Dillon super swager is fast and easy. If you shoot alot of military brass it's a great investment.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sweet-definetely getting one-thanks guys
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Well worth the money.
    Wish I could have bought one just like it 40 years ago...lots of misery till the Dillon...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WOO-HOO!

got my crimp remover this weekend-i love it-reloaded about 150 rounds of 30-06 until i ran out of powder. i predict that the M1, 03A3 and AR are all gonna be making alot more noise more frequently!

BLAM!
    BLAM!
    BLAM!
    BLAM!
    BLAM!
    BLAM!
    BLAM!
    BLAMBLING!
  • Options
    hpsarsohpsarso Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just got 1 before X-Mas...tried it...absolutely LOVE IT!!!
    Saves SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much twisting on a primer pocket reamer to get one ready for commercial primers it has sped my reloading up at least 100+ %. Took about an hour to get used to it...then it was "LOOK OUT WORLD"
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Dunno about the dillon, but I've got a similar product from RCBS and it is well and above the damned reamer I started out with. Instead of 'twist twist twist' it's just 'pull'- done.
  • Options
    peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    This RCBS die is dated 68. Just dug it back out to swage pockets of .223 military brass to form 7mm TCU. Alas, the .223 rod (inside pin) is missing!!![:(!] The large caliber rod is installed in the die, but cannot find the smaller 223 rod. The large and small primer pocket swager is here but the rod is missing. Guess I will have to call RCBS and see if I can get another one.

MVC-434S.jpg

Thanks---Peabo