In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.22 Ammo Trivia

RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
So who's really making my .22 ammo?
Recently I got a brick each of Federal Game Shok and CCI Blazer .22 Long Rifle.
The boxes and plastic carriers appear to be identical, as do the bullets with the exception of one being copper clad and the other not.
Is Federal making CCI's .22's? Vice versa? Is a third party making both? Or are these striking similarities just co-incidence?
Not earth shattering questions, I know. Must have been a slow day at thet office, no?
Any comments greatly appreciated.
; - )

Comments

• Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the boxes are made by someone other than the ammo manufacturer.
  • Options
    leftytwogunsleftytwoguns Member Posts: 785 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Off topic, but that Blazer .22 ammo is crap.
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    a fellow that I used to hunt waterfowl with ran a small company that made the cardboard boxes for some of the CCI products. I think the boxes you are referring to are the plastic, which are probably made by a third party and the similarities are coincidental.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ray,
    You're right, there are similar plastic boxes, but what I have here are the 50 round cardboard boxes for the CCI Blazers and the Federals.
    It seems obvious to me that the boxes; both outer, and the plastic inner "racks" are identical. It was really the identical profile of the bullets themselves that got me thinking.