In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

need help

ok I have a set up that savage170 was super nice to get me started with which included a Powder Measure but will i need a scale also
and if so would i be better of getting a RCBS Model 5.10
I have a ton more reading to do but I have everything I need to reload my 1st 7-08
thanks
taz

Comments

• Options
    tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    I have a small problem that I cant figure out an need some help on it.What I have is I loaded up some bullets this weekend to try my new rifle out an to break in the barrel.Loaded up 20 rounds with the same powder charge,bullets,an primers.Went out to shoot them an all was goin well until I pulled the trigger an I heard the firing pinn go off then about a tenth of a second later the round went off.So I took the bolt a part an cleaned it all was good there put it back together an tried again.Shot 4 more rounds an then it happened again,an again.Took it all apart once more an nothing.Fired 8 more no problem then pulled the trigger an click nothing no bang.So I waited awhile like a hour before I opened the bolt the primer had been hit by the pin the same depth as the ones that shot an the delayed shots.Well tonight I pulled the bullet apart an found some interesting looking powder.The powder by the primer was in a ball the size of a pea 2 of them an hard had to break them in half to get them out of the case,an it looked a litle strange andthe primer had gone off.I cant explain.The powder was a new sealed can didnt smell funny the primers were new.

So does anyone have any ideas on this problem.If so please let me know.Thanks
  • Options
    shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    you leed a scale
    the type who knowse as long as it is accurate
  • Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    Yes, get a scale. I have the 5.10 and love it. Very accurate.
  • Options
    konamtbikerkonamtbiker Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would recommend getting a Digital scale. A little more money yes. But i think it makes things go a little faster. Maybe not any more accurate than a traditional scale. Just seems to me to be more convenient. Good luck.

I have this one. http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=814722&t=11082005
  • Options
    ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    Just step up and get one of these

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=772151&t=11082005

I have one and would not go back to any other setup![;)]