In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Littleton shotmaker

Anyone using the Littleton shotmaker. Tips appreciated or cheap shot source.

Comments

• Options
    olivegreenolivegreen Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I recently acquired a used Littleton shotmaker, sans manual. I was able to download a manual from their webside. Has anyone had any experience and/or tips in using this machine. Shot prices are killing me for reloading purposes. Also does anyone have any idea where to look for a bulk (1#-5#)container of powdered graphite
    Thanks, olivegreen-- Texas
  • Options
    encore 23savanahencore 23savanah Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    you can buy powered graphite at a tractor dealer.they use it to lube planters.it'snot very expensive.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    one teaspoon graphite per 100 lbs i was told. goes a long way. know anyone with a shotmaker used?

youll make teardrops for a while. fall time is critical. lead should drop into antifeeze. right temperature is crutical. mask yourself.

read up on the fellowwho made some:

made about 25 lbs of nice shot this weekend. First batches were really bad but after trial and error, I figured it out. Was using "All- free and clear" laundry detergent for coolant.

some things I learned-
    1. 3/16" distance from ladle to coolant works good.
    2. Dont let the coolant get too hot (heat changes the viscosity of most oils and apparently soap too.)
    3. dont let your container get too full !
    4. this machine doesnt work well below 65 deg as stated in the manual.
    5. the machine makes shot alot faster than you can process it. ( wash, dry, tumble, package. )
    6. shotmaking is for people who like to tinker with things (like me) not for those who want instant success...

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=15776&highlight=littleton+shotmaker
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    grousefeathersgrousefeathers Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    olivegreen,

I have one of the original Littleton Shotmakers. I have misplaced my manual. Do you have an address link where you downloaded your manual from. I would greatly appreciate it if you could post it.

Thanks,

grousefeathers