In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How do you mix ur lube?

sirgknightsirgknight Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
I have a tube of Lee lube that I want to liquidize with alcohol. How do you guys do the mix parts?

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Do a search on case lube, there is a post about mixing it. I would mix it so it is just thin enough to spray easily.
  • Options
    ClaimbusterClaimbuster Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've posted this reply in several places.

The spray-on case lubes are probably the best thing to happen to reloading in years. You can make your own spray case sizing lube in bulk by mixing liquid lanolin and 99% isopropyl alcohol. A solution of 1 part liquid lanolin and 4 to 5 parts parts 99 percent isopropyl alcohol (4 oz of liquid lanolin to16 - 20 oz of isopropyl) works well. When mixing you may find that the lanolin mixes better if you warm both the alcohol and lanolin in a bath of warm water to about 105 - 110 degrees F before mixing. DO NOT WARM EITHER OF THEM OVER AN OPEN FLAME! Once the solutions are warm, pour together, mix thoroughly, allow the mix to cool (mix occasionally as it cools) and store in an air tight container to prevent water from being absorbed by the isopropyl. Put mixture into an ordinary spray bottle. To apply the lube, spread the cases in a single layer on a clean surface and spray. Allow the cases to sit for a couple of minutes, roll the cases around and lightly spray again. Wait until the alcohol has evaporated (about 5 minutes) and start sizing. Properly lubed cases will have a slightly greasy feel to them without feeling slimy.

I have not purchased case lube in years.

[^][^][^]