In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Give-away for the newbies and young at heart

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
I have LOTS of 38 brass. I will fill a flat rate box full to the gills and mail it to somebody that needs it.

If you don't need 38 brass, please don't enter, let a newbie win. The box should hold about 2,000 pieces. I would like it to go to a newbie reloader like I once was. 10 post minimum, USA only most of it is once fired and already decapped.

If you really will use it; please enter.

Drawing will be in a few weeks or when I get tired of checking the list.

Comments

• Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    bpost - I have a question.

Could I enter for a good friend of mine who isn't a member here?

I am currenly mentoring him in reloading. We just loaded his first batch of .223 and he just got a nice Ruger GP100 so he could definately use the brass.

If not, that's ok.

Very generous giveaway, BTW.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandgunHTR52
    bpost - I have a question.

Could I enter for a good friend of mine who isn't a member here?

I am currenly mentoring him in reloading. We just loaded his first batch of .223 and he just got a nice Ruger GP100 so he could definately use the brass.

If not, that's ok.

Very generous giveaway, BTW.

Sure; mentoring newbies is what makes us all grow!
    Consider your question an entry to the drawing.
  • Options
    peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    I am also helping a new reloader, a young guy in his 20's. He hasn't been saving his brass until now, so he has a long way to go. He loaded his first 45acp's last week and is as proud as he can be to be able to 'load his own'.
    He wants to now start the .38 as soon as he gets dies. I will probably let him have one of my sets. I sold him his first press, a Lee, for $2, just to get him started.
    My I enter for him?

Thanks---Peabo
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not a newbie here, just wanted to say.....NICE giveaway. [:D]

Someone is going to be set for a while.
    Good luck to all.
  • Options
    shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    bpost1958
    if you would let me look through my dies i think i have a set of .38s
    that i do not use (dont have a .38[V])
    i will put them in the giveaway for some one the help get started
  • Options
    Remington1981Remington1981 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please enter me
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Your a nice guy for doing that, even if you won't let us old loaders in on it [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by peabo
    I am also helping a new reloader, a young guy in his 20's. He hasn't been saving his brass until now, so he has a long way to go. He loaded his first 45acp's last week and is as proud as he can be to be able to 'load his own'.
    He wants to now start the .38 as soon as he gets dies. I will probably let him have one of my sets. I sold him his first press, a Lee, for $2, just to get him started.
    My I enter for him?

Thanks---Peabo

Sure Peabo, consider him entered.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    BTT for a while longer
  • Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    You'll see my newness in this question. Is 38 brass the same as 357 brass? I just got a set of 38/357 dies and would like to start reloading for it. I have been reloading for a little over a year. Just 45, 44mag and 50 AE so far. My S&W 686 wants some more range time.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    GE76, yes you can load both with the same set. You can set them up for the 38's then buy a set of shims to go under the bell mouth and seating dies for .357's.
  • Options
    huntergarrethuntergarret Member Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please consider me...I have just started reloading and you guys have been very helpful with all of your 6mm info. I have some .41 rem mags that I am thinking to load... and have just started pricing .38s. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by goldeneagle76
    You'll see my newness in this question. Is 38 brass the same as 357 brass? I just got a set of 38/357 dies and would like to start reloading for it. I have been reloading for a little over a year. Just 45, 44mag and 50 AE so far. My S&W 686 wants some more range time.

To answer the questions .38 special brass is not the same as .357 brass. .38 special brass is slightly shorter than .357 brass. Other than the dimension of length, they are the same. The dies that you have are sized for reloading .38 special. As dcs pointed out, your die set should have come with a set of shims to put under the lock nut for when you reload .357.
  • Options
    peppersacpeppersac Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am a newb! I would love the brass!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by goldeneagle76

I shoot thousands of 38"s through my 686. You can load them and shoot them just fine. Use .38 special data and load as normal.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    DRAWING IS OVER

The winner is [:D]

Well; I could not make up a good way to choose one winner among the qualified applicants (sorry PepperSac; 10 posts required) so to make it easier on my mind this is what I am going to do.

HandgunHTR52
    PEABO
    Remington 1981
    Goldeneagle76
    Huntergarret

Please email me your mailing addresses to bpost1958@localnet.com

I will send each of you a box of .38 special brass.

Please load carefully and enjoy our sport safely.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bpost - you have mail.

Thank you very much, you are extremely generous! My buddy will be very grateful as well.
  • Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost1958
    DRAWING IS OVER

The winner is [:D]

Well; I could not make up a good way to choose one winner among the qualified applicants (sorry PepperSac; 10 posts required) so to make it easier on my mind this is what I am going to do.

HandgunHTR52
    PEABO
    Remington 1981
    Goldeneagle76
    Huntergarret

Please email me your mailing addresses to bpost1958@localnet.com

I will send each of you a box of .38 special brass.

Please load carefully and enjoy our sport safely.

mail sent, very generous, thank you!!!
  • Options
    peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Bruce !!
    E-mail sent.
    Will definitely use them.

Thanks---Peabo
  • Options
    375H&H375H&H Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bpost1958 , Its folks like yourself that restore my faith in the human race [8)] That was a fantastic " Give Away "
    Thank you for keeping our sport alive and well [;)]
  • Options
    sirgknightsirgknight Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a wonderful gester in the giveaway. I got back into reloading shotshells last year but had never reloaded any metallic. I live in a very rural part of my state, not close to shopping and very far from reloading outlets. To help me get started I got on the different forums of which I'm a member and asked if anyone had any hulls they wanted to sell and it was no time before the generosity of our hobby surfaced. For the cost of shipping I was given enough hulls in 12 ga. and .410 to last a long time. A few months ago I ordered my first metallic press and started gathering the components for reloading for my .30-06, .30-30, .223, 38/357 and M1 Carbine. I'm 60 years old, and it gladdens my heart to see good people doing good things for others. God bless each of you who have a heart with a giving spirit.....I hope your return blessings are tenfold and then some.
  • Options
    mike_02mike_02 Member Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bpost1958

The 38/357 is the first load I'm learning. Could always use extra brass. Please throw my name in the hat.

Thank you.

Mike
  • Options
    tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    bpost
    I f you have not got a winner yet I sure would like a chance Iv been wantiing to get into it and was lucky enough to win a giveaway that savage170 had for some 7-08 and he included a lee loader with some parts to help me get started I have not reloaded my 1st shell yet but would love a chance for some brass.

thanks
    Taz
  • Options
    CoochCooch Member Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just wanted to say good job on this. When I started a guy who had sold his .38 and .357 sold me a few thousand assorted cases, several hundred assorted bullets, and some MTM boxes for $25. Didn't realize the deal I was getting and it let me play to my hearts content.

Atta Boy
  • Options
    hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bpost, my hat is off to ya!!!
  • Options
    Oklahoma223Oklahoma223 Member Posts: 2,648 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    The give away was over on 2/28/08 guys.... so don't wait with baited breath [:D]