In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Powder discharger choice.

peppersacpeppersac Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
What is better, the auto disk powder or the regular powder measure with the handle?

Comments

• Options
    konamtbikerkonamtbiker Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Auto Disk Powder? Do you mean a electric powder scale and electric dispenser like a ChargeMaster by RCBS?
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think he means like a LEE.
  • Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    I have the Lee Pro Auto Disk and love it on my Lee Classic Turret press with w231 powder. It sucks with H110 though. For that I have an RCBS Powder measure and it is awesome.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    With the Lee Auto Disc you have to be careful what powder you put through them. I speak from experence [:(!][xx(][xx(]
  • Options
    popgunpopgun Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dick (my name too!),

I am VERY new to reloading (haven't started yet) and have just bought the Lee Classic four-hole press and the Lee auto-disk.

I will be reloading .308 primarily (at least at first) for a Remington 700.

Could you recommend a good, accurate powder or powders for .308 which would work well in the auto disk?

Others have recommended Varget or IMR 4895 - but I don't know if they're good for the auto disk.

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would suggest a adjustable volumetric measure such as the RCBS uniflow or Hornaday unit. You can purchase one on the auction side of the site used. As you expand into other calibers the adjustable volumetric type will provide you with a lifetimes worth of service.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    The Lee auto-disc meters ball or flake powders OK. It does not work too good with stick powder. I don't know about the new short,"SC" ones.