In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

POTENTIAL SAFETY HAZARD!

MikeinMikein Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
This was just released this morning:

URGENT ATTENTION REQUIRED!!!!

We have been notified by Henry Repeating Arms that some rifles may have been shipped by them loaded with ammunition. If you have any Henry Rifles in inventory they must be inspected to make sure they do not contain ammunition. Also, please inspect any incoming Henry Rifles. This does not relate to a specific model or date. Each gun in your inventory must be checked for ammunition.

Henry Repeating Arms apologizes for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Comments

• Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am getting way too cynical in my old age.
    Has this been confirmed directly from Henry R.A.?
    I find it hard to believe, though I was raised to treat every firearms as if it were loaded until I had personally proven otherwise.
    If someone doesn't beat me to the punch I'll attempt to confirm this evening. (I can't access many sites from my daytime terminal.
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    There wasn't anything on the Henry website. I would assume that they would put it there if it was true.
  • Options
    eastwood44mageastwood44mag Member Posts: 2,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Confirmed from Henry. My shop had to check each gun in inventory.
  • Options
    Dumpster BabyDumpster Baby Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wonder if the new guy in Shipping got fired?

dontdrop.jpg

[:D]
  • Options
    Wolf.Wolf. Member Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    --
    Loaded or unloaded, we all should know the first thing to do with a gun before we handle it.
  • Options
    MikeinMikein Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RCrosby
    I am getting way too cynical in my old age.
    Has this been confirmed directly from Henry R.A.?
    I find it hard to believe, though I was raised to treat every firearms as if it were loaded until I had personally proven otherwise.
    If someone doesn't beat me to the punch I'll attempt to confirm this evening. (I can't access many sites from my daytime terminal.

Rob,

I confirmed it with Henry before posting it.

Mike
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got that notice the first of this week-just before receiving 2 henry rifles. You better believe I handled those boxes with care until I had a look in the actions.