In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

45 acp loads

dgacdgac Member Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
I want to load 45 acp 230gr fmj. I have CCI brass and federal primers. I want to use either titegroup or unique. I also would like to keep them around what a standard military round. I think that is about 900fps but I might be wrong. If anyone has any information on this it would be great

dgac

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello Match grade 230 Grain HARD BALL was last made with SPEC calling for 830 FPS and 230 grain bullet Be sure you Taper crimp for .001-.002 smaller then the area 1/4 inch down from case mouth This will vary as the different brand cases have differen wall thichness TZZ and remington UMC is some of the thinest federal used to be good brass but in the early 2000's it had poor quality control some had split mouth BEFORE firing. I like WCC MATCH and second choice is W.W.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I would load it to about 850fps. That is what most stock recoil springs are for.