In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

22 hornet reloading Hornady bullet ????

bsdoylebsdoyle Member Posts: 279 ✭✭
I dont have a new enough manual for the V-max 40 gr bullet. Any body got some stats available. I tried to get some off Hornady web site and cant find um or they are not posted. Ill be puttin some through a rifle and some through a friends contender. Thanx as usual. You guys are the best.

Comments

• Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    You should be able to find some data on the powder manufacturer's website. All the powders that I use have a "Data" section that have a good cross section of bullet selections.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bsdoyle,

Here's an article that lists your bullets in the load data section:

http://www.shootingtimes.com/ammunition/22hornet_082306/index1.html

Best.
  • Options
    bsdoylebsdoyle Member Posts: 279 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanx guys. I got it.
  • Options
    PJPJ Member Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    13 grains of Lil'Gun and a small pistol primer.
    Pete
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PJ
    13 grains of Lil'Gun and a small pistol primer.
    Pete

AMEN!
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,976 ******
    edited November -1
    my personal favorite is the hornady 35 gn bullet and 14.0 gns. of win. 680 (aa 1680, now). not for older rifles but my yugo mini mauser like it.
  • Options
    laogailaogai Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my ruger 77/22H likes 35 gr hornady and 10.5 of H110. not the hottest, but very accurate
  • Options
    Kari PragerKari Prager Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot a CZ and an old 19H Savage (which, oddly enough, is just as accurate). I am with PJ and BPOST1958. I use a variety of 40 gr. plastic pointed bullets. It is hard to go wrong with Li'l Gun between 12 & 13 grains, easy to meter and to experiment with, mild pressures, and small pistol primers seem to work the best, also according to Speer Reloading Manual #14, "For this manual we used CCI small pistol primers instead of rifle primers. This change allowed higher velocities at safe pressures, and greatly reduced the extreme variation of pressure that limited the number of propellants we showed in previous books. Do not use these loads with small rifle primers as excessive pressure will result..." P. 181
    Seems to work for me, too.
    Kari
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My favorate load with a Hornady 40 gr. V-max, or Nosler B-tip is 11.8 grains of H110, and a CCI BR2 primer. One holes out of my 77/22H