In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Brass questions 5.56 and 7.62N

skyfishskyfish Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
I going through my once fired brass for the last 15 years. Thought it would be easy guess not.

223 questions: some are stamped T W 2 7
some are T W 6 9
I believe if they have W C C ## they are Winchester? Also some are stamped L C # # some are L C C # # are they both lake city?

308 ?'s

I have some CAVIM, but also some are 308W and 82 with 2 small circles stamped as well. Also some are WCC 94 with a crosshairs, and a few are stamped FNM 76-28 with crosshairs.

Just curious to what it all is.

Comments

• Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You'll find most, if not all here: http://cartridgecollectors.org/headstampcodes.htm

CAVIM Compa??a Anonima Venezolana de Industrias Militares, Apartado Postal: 66.459-1061 - Urb. Las Mercedes, Calle Jalisco, Edificio CAVIM, Caracas 1060, Venezuela

TW Twin Cities Ordnance Plant, Minneapolis, MN

WCC Western Cartridge Company (Olin), East Alton, IL

LC Lake City Ammunition Plant, Lake City, MO

LC M?travid?ki F?mm?vek, H-3332 Sirok, Hungary, for: Armscorp USA Inc., Baltimore, MD

FNM F?brica Nacional de Municiones, Santa Fe, M?xico (near Mexico City)

FNM F?brica Nacional de Muni?oes de Armas Ligeiras, Chelas, Portugal

FNM Unknown Factory, Mexico

The cross in a circle is the NATO symbol, and means the cartridge was origionaly loaded to NATO specifications.
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    The FNM is Portuguese, and is Berdan primed.