In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Brass question

On some of my 300 weatherby mag brass I have small flat spots on the case. Can I still reload these. They have only been shot once.

Comments

• Options
    peppersacpeppersac Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i am going to buy more brass for reloading 7mm08 but it is more expensive and harder to find than .308 brass, is there any negative effects to just buying 308 brass and resizing it to 7mm08??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am thinking of buying some 9mm Sellier & Bellot Range Safe 124gr. FMJ Ammo. It says the cases are copper washed steel case. Can these be reloaded?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am just about to get into reloading (my press is on backorder), and I have a lot of 9mm & .40 brass polished and ready for depriming. I have mostly Winchester with some Remington, Magtech, and a couple of others. I have separated everything according to the headstamp, but I was wondering if it really makes any difference what brass you use as long as the powder, primer, and bullet all agree with the recipe you choose.

Thanks,
    Joe
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a difference between CAN and SHOULD. You CAN reload anything including Steel, Aluminum, Berdan & Rimfire, however unless you absolutly have to (IE ammo that is only available that way and hard to find even than) you SHOULDN'T reload any of them, unless you have no other choice.

9x19 is common as dirt in "Boxer primed brass" cases, so there is no need to play around with any other case varity for reloading.