In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

40 SW brass

skyfishskyfish Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
I've always reloading for hunting rifles, this will be my 1st strait wall catridge. I read a thread that 45 you trim to MAXIMUM because the brass tends to shorten over use. Is that the same for the 40sw. Any other things to what for on the 40sw, it will be nice not to have to lube the cases for once.

Comments

• Options
    CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    I DONT TRIM ANY OF MY SMALLER CASES.(never had to)

watch the OAL ,load some dummy rounds and check them in your gun,

FYI
    i have a XD40 and it does not like SWC, MY XD45 and 1911A1 eats anything i feed it.

Just try not to load them too hot if using lead. Dont want to lead the barrel.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello +1 on you do not need to trim You also do not need to lube if you use carbide sizing die. However be aware the 40 unlike a 45acp is a high intensity round and you will have reduced case life if you load them hot Depending on what pistol some have better supported chambers then other. If you get any cases that bulge my advise is DO NOT reload them.
  • Options
    midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i've reloaded several thousand rounds of .40 and never trimmed one of them. i have an xd 40 and it's devoured everything i've ever fed it including swc. fwiw

i believe the swc's i used were from dillon precision. www.bluepress.com hope this helps
  • Options
    CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by midnightrunpaintballer
    i've reloaded several thousand rounds of .40 and never trimmed one of them. i have an xd 40 and it's devoured everything i've ever fed it including swc. fwiw

wish mine did. have 1000 swc in 40 maybe its the style some brand swc are molded different then others, other then this one glitch id still buy another maybe even a 9mm