In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

soft point bullets in AR15

OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
Does anyone here have any experience with soft point bullets
in an Ar15

Is there any/many feeding problems associated with the soft point bullets??

this promo that Hornady is running has me thinking about jumping into their LnL Progressive. (please save the buy blue speeches I have made up my mind, I think they are both great machines but with the 1000 free bullets the dillon can't compete)

I have 1000's of 223 brass and a couple 1000 40s&w if the 55gr sp will cycle in the AR I will get them, if there are going to be significant cycle problems

I will get the 40cal bullets.

Comments

• Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Odawgp
    Does anyone here have any experience with soft point bullets
    in an Ar15

Is there any/many feeding problems associated with the soft point bullets??

this promo that Hornady is running has me thinking about jumping into their LnL Progressive. (please save the buy blue speeches I have made up my mind, I think they are both great machines but with the 1000 free bullets the dillon can't compete)

I have 1000's of 223 brass and a couple 1000 40s&w if the 55gr sp will cycle in the AR I will get them, if there are going to be significant cycle problems

I will get the 40cal bullets.

I don't know about you main question, but I have a friend who's family has been shooters for 50 years. He has been reloading since he was a teen, 20+ years now. He prefers the new LnL to his 650's. He said that the LnL is a genious of a press. - just to back your decision.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't had any problems with the soft points but I stick with the Hornaday with crimp groove.
  • Options
    CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    I just loaded up 1000 55gr sp and had no problems, also used some 2230 with 24.6, H335 with 24.1,h varget with 26 .
    the 2230 was the worst group @ 100 yd.
    the H335 GOT DOWN to dime size.
  • Options
    DENWADENWA Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never had a problem with them in the AR.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been using 25 grains of AA2230 in various military brass with 55 grain Hornaday SP and Rem. 55 grain FMJ. Seems to shoot pretty well and functions a couple of different AR's fine.
  • Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    I have shot 1000s of WW 55 grain SPs in my ARs and Mini 14s never had a problem.