In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Happy reloading

atvguy585atvguy585 Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭

Comments

• BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never trim pistol brass. I load for a bunch of different pistol calibers and even on hot .357's and .44's I am usually ready to retire the brass by the time it needs to be trimmed. I have shot much of my 38 special brass 8-10 times. I would guess that the ripple you are getting is beacause you are over crimping. I am going to assume that you are roll crimping? What bullets are you using? Back off your crimp a bit and see if that fixes your problem.

As far as the amount to bell you don't want to bell to much as it will shorten your case life (split case mouths). Bell just enough so that your bullet will start into the case mouth.
  • OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never crimped pistol cartridges, I reload 40, 38 & 357 and never thought to crimp them [B)]
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Back off your crimp die. The bullet is trying to seat lower after it is crimped. You just need to flare the case enough to get the bullet started. If you flare too much, the brass will start cracking much sooner.
  • atvguy585atvguy585 Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes I got it, I backed it off and got perfect bullets all day.