In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

6mm Rem subsonic loads

tinmantinman Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
I need to know if there is a load out there to make my 6mm a little quieter and slower than 3000 ftps with a 55gr Nosler. I have been using my H414 powder and it is awesome on accuracy. Any advise would be great and appreciated. Tinman

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello Tinman subsonic would be less then 1100 fet per second about the same speed as a standard velocity 22 Rimfire I think the 6mm Remington will need to be really crippled at those speeds I suggest you either find a 6MM with longer barrel or or use slightly faster burning powder.
  • mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    If you slow it down much more it won't make it out the end of the barrel, those 55's are generally running over 4000 fps....
    IMR 4895 may slow it down a little safely... but reduced loads with any other powder may cause you a real problem.....
  • XXCrossXXCross Member Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try 12 to 15 grains of IMR 4759, it works in anything.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tinman,

I tried to respond to your question by using your e-mail listed with GB but since it is an AOL account and they are anti-gun, it won't accept the e-mail unless I register with AOL. Since I refuse to deal with AOL, I guess you won't be able to read it.

From AOL:

Transcript of session follows
    .. while talking to mailin-04.mx.aol.com
    >>> RCPT To:<mwkoolhaas@aol.com>
    <<< 550 We would love to have gotten this email to mwkoolhaas@aim.com. But, your recipient never logged onto their free AIM Mail account. Please contact them and let them know that they're missing out on all the super features offered by AIM Mail. And by the way, they're also missing out on your email. Thanks.

Sorry.