In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

questions on RCBS Power Case Trimmer

rg666rg666 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
Oh yeah! I bought an rcbs power case trimmer and I'm looking at the book they give you for setting things up. WHAT a crappy guide! Anyway....The shaft the holds the cutting die screws into the end of the shaft like the old hand crank model. The thing is it looks like the shaft is so long you need to make some kind of adjustment on it to make it shorter allowing me to trim longer brass cases. I moved the the motor assembly all the way back but its still way to long to cut anything longer than lets say 220 swift brass. If anyone has some tips heres your big chance to help me out! thanks for any replies in advance! Rg

Comments

• JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    there are 2 round stops just behind the body where the shaft goes through. One is larger than the other, and have allen screws. You loosen the allen heads and the shaft can be moved fwd or backwd to adjust the length between case holder and cutter. The big one moves the shaft in large increments, and the smaller round stop with the hash marks on it moves the cutter head by .001" increments for final tuning on each batch. Release the large stop screw and push/pull the shaft rearward.
  • rg666rg666 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BINGO we have a winna lol! Thanks I see exactly what you mean...now for the fun part.... a case trimming bonanza!