In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mec 9000

fromagfromag Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
Hello, just purchased a Mec 9000 reloader. Having problems if I get out of sequence. If I have to start again form station 1 then the next pulls of the handle I am dropping either powder or shot before a new hull is under those stations. How do I get back to square one after a mistake? Thank you for your help.
Mark

Comments

• Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sacrifice 2 hulls, cut them both off at about 2" above the base.
    When you have a problem, pull the shells out of the powder and shot positions, and insert your cutoff cases.
    Pull once time on the handle, remove them both and empty back into the jars. Insert 1 cutoff shell under the shot station, pull the handle again, and empty the "shorty" back into the shot jar.

I found the big thing to keeping a 9000 running happy was to watch the primer feeding, and to correct any problems before pulling the handle again.

Also, I never emptied the press, that is to say I always left a full rack of shells in the machine at the end of a session.
  • Options
    336marlin336marlin Member Posts: 201 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 9000 is designed so that the powder and shot drop sequence is dependant on a properly prepared "hull" be positioned in these stations for the sequence to occur. Begining, the bar should be in the locked position which is all the way left. Here the powder has been measured into the powder bushing waiting to be dispensed and the shot cavity is yet to be filled. The once fired empty is sized and deprimed in station #1 and if the bar lock activator is properly adjusted the bar remains locked in the begining position, if not there's a mess and some setup adjustment is necessary. With this design it is possible to load one shell at a time which is helpful in proper adjustment of the priming system; powder drop tube; shot rammer tube; and the crimp and finish dies. When the empty advances to station #2, if the primer tray and spring are in proper adjustment, there is a primer in position waiting to be seated. With the next down operation of the handle the primer is seated and the bar lock is deactivated for the loading sequence to commence. On the up stroke the powder is dispensed, the empty is advanced to next station, the bar is moved right under spring load, & the shot cavity in the bar is filled awaiting to be dropped. At this station if you have kept placing once fireds in station #1 you're ready to go throttle open. From here each operation of the handle allows the bar to move both directions dispensing powder and shot in sequence. If only one empty is at station #3 and you have taken proper actions at the priming station to load only one, then upon activation of the handle the bar will lock back to the begining position. If with a full turret it is discovered that a problem has occurred then one only need to lock the bar back to the begining position. Get a once fired in your right hand, using the left hand inverted with thumb and forefinger wrap your thumb around the shot bottle stub on the loader with the tip of your forefinger on the end of the bar. Position the open mouth of the once fired in your right hand under the end of the wad rammer and shot drop tube; there is limited space above the wad guide so it will have to be on about a 45 deg. angle but there is enough space to do this. In a pinching motion with your left forefinger force the bar all way back to the left and hold it. The shot is all that will drop into the empty. Set the hull with the shot down and with the right hand push the bar lock up and hold it; then release the left forefinger holding the bar and let it settle against the lock. You're now back to the begining. Remove the hulls from stations #2 & #3 and do with them what you wish. Correct the problem with the hulls at any of the other stations as you like. Just remember as far as stations #1 thru #3 are concerned you are back at the begining. In finishing the loading session disengage the priming tray chain so that no more primers are dropped after your last one is in station 2. Continue with this last empty as normal through the sequence and as it gets by station #3 the bar is locked to begining. Cycle out the remaining to be reloaded and you can begin with an empty turret for the next session. Hope this helps!