In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shaw barrels

going to order a barrel for my 10/22 target has anyone tryed there 22 barrels

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello Like any brand some barrels may be better then others I don't think they are as good as some HIGH END /High dollar brands but I have 4 Shaw barrels on a Ruger 22 and 3 hunting rifles I have had good service from all 4
  • 5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    For the price shaw barrels are ok, but like alot of things you get what you pay for...they certainly are not a lijia, hart or pacnor barrel.
  • shooter93shooter93 Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've bore scoped a huge number of barrels...all makes including the big namers...Shaw's are generally roughest but some shoot well. Douglas is noticably the smoothest even above the premium brands. Take that for what it's worth.
  • shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    i have 1 Douglas and it is a shooter and was tossing around getting another
    im building the wife a target 10/22 and she wants the short Douglas
    on hers
    so [:D]new parts for me [:D]
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    shootlow,

Well, you've started at the bottom of the barrel, no pun intended. The only way left is up. Shaw barrels are cheaper for one reason, they are cheaply made. If that's all you need for a rifle then have at it. There are lots of folks that don't need the higher quality or don't have the abilities or expectations to make use of better barrels so make your decision based on what you need and don't worry. Do be prepared for extensive cleaning.

Good Luck!

Best.
  • shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    i have a Douglas and a Clark i am leaning towards a Shilen or another Douglas
    i was just curious about the shaw
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    shootlow,

Excellent!

Best.