In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

annealing cases

Can anyone give me any pros and cons of this process? Does anyone here practice this process? im fairly new to reloading and am very interested in shooting as far away as i can accurately. will this process help with accuracy? any and all info will be appreciated

Comments

• Options
    brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    Does anybody anneal their rifle cases? I have been reloading for a while and have never annealed any cases and was woundering if anyone has and what are the advantages. How do you do it and is worth the extra work?
  • Options
    Kari PragerKari Prager Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dear Brickmaster1248,
    Do a search on "annealing case necks" or just "anealing" and you will find a wealth of information on this list. I had the same question and got many useful answers that put me on the right track. It is a lot of work but worth it for expensive Lapua or Norma brass I think.
    Kari
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    It will sure keep your neck tension in the same stages all the time, if it's allowed to work harden accuracy is going to be iffy...
    Some folks us a propane torch and a bucket of water, I like the Ken Light annealer...
    No real "cons" to it unless you over heat and ruin the case......
    Do it right and your cases will last forever.....
  • Options
    longspur riderlongspur rider Member Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had some questions on the subject also & did a subject search & got all the info I needed.