In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shooting a 100 10X with a pistol

walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
How long do U hold your gun up before U release a shot[?]
Do U wait for complete steadness or is it better to point and shoot or do U shoot between heart beats[?][?][?][?]
shotre.jpg
shotre1.jpg
theory.jpg
theory1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Most Bulls Eye Pistol shooter will never shoot this score IN NRA Bulls-EYE shooting . I have seen a 100 9x on one slow-fire 50 Yard 45 target From ANDY MOODY When I was scoring Him in 1889 and Many 100 10X during Timed and Rapid Fire when I was scoring Brian Zins the week before Camp Perry in 2006 . Most shooters are happy with the score of 100 and just ICEING on the cake to have a HIGH X count anything over 100 X's during a 2700 match will Place you very high up in not the winner. The Heart beat is not something you can see in pistol shooting and you can't shoot well one handed Trying to pick your shots. Your vision starts to digress after about 6 seconds so IDEALLY you align sights or red dot to the target and increase trigger pressure until the shot breaks all within 6 seconds or less. My personal best is 2626 and there is a very small number of shooter that ever make the 2650 Club . The small arms firing school at Camp Perry each year is one of the best classes you can ever attend on Bulls-Eye pistol shooting. "PRAISE THE HARD-BALL GUN"
  • Options
    fire for effectfire for effect Member Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have shot a 100 10X on a 50 ft indoor Range. I have the Target framed in my reloading room. Shot with a Smith and Wesson model 41.