In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NRA Qualifications

JeroldJerold Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
The NRA Basic Pistol Instructor gave us a bunch of brochures relating to NRA Quals. I've been reading thru them regarding different types of quals, but I can't figure out how/where you start.

Do you have to be a club member at a local range and the NRA quals are done there?

The instructor shoots competitatively with the Glock sponsored organization, so I think he basically trains solo (not really sure).
He pointed out that he didn't want to push the NRA recruitment speech during the course, but after reading the material it sounds like something looking into.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello I can't speak for any thing but Bulls-Eye pistol shooting . But here is how Qualifications work You need to find a local club that holds matches and go watch a match See if one of the older shooters will talk to you between matches or during the lunch break . Get him to let you go with him to one of his practice sessions. We shoot 3 different pistols all one handed 22 RIMFIRE Center Fire "any pistol 32Caliber or larger" and 45ACP It takes 360 rounds of firing in matches to get a classification card. The Classes are Marksman Sharp-Shooter Expert Master & High Master depending on what your average score is . The reason you need to go watch first and talk to some one is to learn the safety rules and see what kind of Equipment you need I run a match every week at our range to introduce new people to the sport. feel free to email me from my Profile.

EDIT Hello Jerold If you live in NJ "thought you might from one of your Post then see if you can find the location of a club called THE "SQUARE CIRCLE" they were very active at one time . I have a record of every pistol shooter that ever shot at Camp Perry the years I was there 1972-2005 I might be able to give you an address of shooters near where you live. [:p]
  • Options
    JeroldJerold Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks. Exactly what I needed to know!