In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

what kind of press

Im looking for some help to find a press that i can load any thing from a 22-250 to a 50bmg an i only want one press so something that will take the 7/8 dies to the 1 1/2 dies. do they make anything. thanks

Comments

• Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=303846
    Read the whole description, this is the only on I know of that does both. RCBS rockchucker can be refitted with a 50 BMG adaptor I THINK. Will check on that.
  • Options
    MEMPHISJOEMEMPHISJOE Member Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RCBS, does make a good press for 50bmg-22-250, do not go with rock chucker, the one you want is RCBS Ammo master II, if you do not have 50 bmg dies, buy them at the same time and save some money,as they come with dies, shell holder etc. Lee also makes a loader that will do what you ask (cast iron), and also comes in a kit for 50, for a lot less $$$. With either press you will have alot of stroke, enough for a 50, every time you pull the handle. If you are not going to load a lot of 50, my advice would be to buy the Lee kit, and good Redding Press for you standard rounds. You would be happier in the long run. But if you are only going to buy one press, the two I listed will fill your bill.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    RCBS, does make a good press for 50bmg-22-250, do not go with rock chucker, the one you want is RCBS Ammo master II, if you do not have 50 bmg dies, buy them at the same time and save some money,as the comes with dies, shell holder etc. Lee also makes a loader that will do what you ask (cast iron), and also comes in a kit for 50, for a lot less $$$. With either press you will have alot of stroke, enough for a 50, every time you pull the handle. If you are not going to load a lot of 50, my advice would be to buy the Lee kit, and good Redding Press for you standard rounds. You would be happier in the long run. But if you are only going to buy one press, the two I listed will fill your bill.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There are also several other large presses out there (good ones) primarily designed for the 50-20mm, but while you may load 22-250 on them, you would work you butt off.