In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Reloading 357 Sig for Glock

tombiasitombiasi Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
I have been reloading for a couple of years now. I have reloaded 45 ACP, 9mm Lugar, 40 SW, and 357 Sig. I have worked through most problems, primers not seated etc.
No problems with any reloads except.....
I cannot get 357 Sigs to reliably feed in my Glock 31.
I checked COL , examined the cases ( they are nice and shiny and no burrs), using Speer 125 Gr. .355 TMJ Sig bullets.
Press is RCBS Pro 2000. Gun feeds fine with factory rounds.
Any Ideas?

Tom

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello "I cant get 357 Sigs to reliably feed" It sound like the cartridge is not being sized properly my suggestion is to take pistol down and with only the barrel in hand see if one of your reloads will fully chamber under it's own weight . It sounds like either the mouth of case is not being fully closed in the seating die or The shoulder of the case is not being sized properly . Think of this case as a bottle-necked short rifle case more to sizing then straight pistol cases.
  • tombiasitombiasi Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you. I will do that and will measure the necks on the ones that don't feed and see.
    Tom
  • MEMPHISJOEMEMPHISJOE Member Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tombiasi
    I have been reloading for a couple of years now. I have reloaded 45 ACP, 9mm Lugar, 40 SW, and 357 Sig. I have worked through most problems, primers not seated etc.
    No problems with any reloads except.....
    I cannot get 357 Sigs to reliably feed in my Glock 31.
    I checked COL , examined the cases ( they are nice and shiny and no burrs), using Speer 125 Gr. .355 TMJ Sig bullets.
    Press is RCBS Pro 2000. Gun feeds fine with factory rounds.
    Any Ideas?

Tom

The 357 sig is a strange one, I like it and load it often. It does not headspace on the shoulder..regardless of what someone may tell you!!!!!! This round head spaces on the case mouth.
    Trim length and after sizing length must be set correctly. As with any round, but very much so with this round, get a case gauge, this will allow you to set your dies correctly, and start enjoying your weapon.
    edited November -1
    Also wanted to mention, oal is critical with 357 sig
    edited November -1
    I posted a reply 9 hours ago it comes up when I go to reply, but not when I go to the thread. Anyone else having this problem?
  • tombiasitombiasi Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks,
    I watch OAL ver closely as well as my seat depth. I haven't been checking the mouth diameter and I was having a problem with the mouth bell tool. Maybe I am not closing the mouth enough (the case's not mine.

Tom