In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

RCBS Uniflow Large cylinder measure #09001

popgunpopgun Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I'm getting back into reloading and I have an old RCBS Uniflow Large Cylinder powder measure (#09001) that I probably bought in 1975.

Might anyone know of this measure, and if it's any good or not?

I cannot find anything about it on Google, and if it is considered a good, accurate measure, it will save me some money in not having to buy a new one.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Comments

• Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    As good as anything you can buy now.

Some powder measures come with a micrometer adjuster, but that can be added to your powder measure as well. Makes things a little easier for the operator.
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The uniflow originally came with one drum but around 1980 or so they raised the price a little and added a smaller drum. I still use mine and it works as good or better than some of the newer ones do, as I believe the machining tolerances are tighter.I rarely use the large drum.
  • Options
    popgunpopgun Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you both for the good info!

I checked with Cabela's and they have an RCBS micrometer screw they say will fit my measure - so I will be buying it soon.

Though the screw is expensive ($34 before shipping,) it will be better than buying an entirely new powder measure.

So thanks again for the good info.