In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Primer Pocket Deburring

i saw somewhere an all in one unit by rcbs that deburrs small and large primer pockets as well sa the case mouth inside and out. i think it had another function as well but cant remember. now for the life of me i can not find the dang thing again. anyone know what im talking about/ where i can find one?

Comments

• Options
    .257roberts.257roberts Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any suggestions on a Flash Hole Deburring Tool? Are the RCBS tools alright? Thanks Robert
  • Options
    portx5portx5 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My gun dealer had me go with a lyman. He said if I were going to do a variety of cartridges this would be his choice. Mine does a very good job
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    The RCBS tools work fine. I've been using mine for quite a few years.
    You can also use your case mouth chamfer tool.
  • Options
    dardascastbulletsdardascastbullets Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by .257roberts
    Any suggestions on a Flash Hole Deburring Tool? Are the RCBS tools alright? Thanks Robert

The Sinclair International Flash Hole Deburring Tool #DB-1000 is an excellent tool. I used it for many years on my .308's and .300 Win Mags. It can be mounted in a drill press or drill motor, or can be purchased with a handle.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use the sinclair tool.
  • Options
    336marlin336marlin Member Posts: 201 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those such as the Sinclair "standard", K&M, etc. use a collar around the cutter, which is basicly a center drill, that bottoms out on the web on the inside of the case and controls the cut depth. Those such as the Lyman and RCBS use a stop collar around the shaft that indexes on the case mouth to control the depth and is dependent on the trimmed length of the cases to be the same to obtain the uniformity of cut. Mainly the two big differences. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    MEMPHISJOEMEMPHISJOE Member Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with the sinclair tool, for flash holes, but no one has mentioned the primer pocker tool also Sinclair-as is the title of the string. This tool can be purchased with an adapter to allow for use with a recharge screwdriver-this is for sure the way to go. It also allow you to seat all your primers to the same, and correct dept. They are very well made and last a long time. At least this is how they were made when Sinclair owned the company. I understand Brownells has purchased Sinclair, Brownells has always been top notch, but I don't have any experience with Sinclair now that this has happend.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I also use the sinclair primer pocket uniformers. I use an 18V dewalt drill with the adapter. I use it to uniform the pockets when prepping the brass, and to clean the pockets when I am reloading the cases. very fast, very uniform.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I also use the sinclair primer pocket uniformers. I use an 18V dewalt drill with the adapter. I use it to uniform the pockets when prepping the brass, and to clean the pockets when I am reloading the cases. very fast, very uniform.

100_0347.jpg
  • Options
    mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JustC

100_0347.jpg

now thats clean !
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MEMPHISJOE
    I agree with the sinclair tool, for flash holes, but no one has mentioned the primer pocker tool also Sinclair-as is the title of the string. This tool can be purchased with an adapter to allow for use with a recharge screwdriver-this is for sure the way to go. It also allow you to seat all your primers to the same, and correct dept. They are very well made and last a long time. At least this is how they were made when Sinclair owned the company. I understand Brownells has purchased Sinclair, Brownells has always been top notch, but I don't have any experience with Sinclair now that this has happend.

.257roberts asked for information concerning a flash hole deburring tool - not a primer pocket uniformer - two entirely different tools accomplishing very different tasks.

To .257roberts - has your question been answered?

Matt
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dardascastbullets
    quote:Originally posted by MEMPHISJOE

.257roberts asked for information concerning a flash hole deburring tool - not a primer pocket uniformer - two entirely different tools accomplishing very different tasks.

To .257roberts - has your question been answered?

Matt
    You May be right, however; when I see the thread it had the title subject regarding primer pocket, and flash holes were not mentioned are you receiving a different subject title than I am? If so that could clear up the confusion.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As a matter of fact, I have gone back to the board and looked it up again, and it still has the title ""PRIMER POCKET DEBURRING". I am aware that primer pocket truing.deburring/etc is not the same operation as Flash Hole Deburring, as they are two different parts of the center fire case. I was addressing the Title. And I believe I addressed both in my post.
  • Options
    peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    The title says 'primer pocket deburring'.
    His question is stated as 'Flash hole deburring tool.
    The outside of the case is very easy to deburr and to clean.
    However, the inside of the case flash hole you cannot see and you cannot tell if it needs to be deburred.
    Most reloaders do not even consider the inside of the case.

When I see 'flash hole deburring tool', I think of the inside of the case flash hole. RCBS makes a tool for
    deburring the inside of the case flash hole.
    It looks like a screwdriver with an adjustable pilot
    for different calibers which also sets depth so you
    don't over cut. RC88102 is tool with 22 caliber pilot at Natchez .

RC88102_small.jpg

Thanks---Peabo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here's his question.....

'Any suggestions on a Flash Hole Deburring Tool? Are the RCBS tools alright?' Thanks Robert

No doubt about it - he's asking about a Flash Hole Deburring Tool.
  • Options
    .257roberts.257roberts Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My apolligies for the confusion, Flash Hole Deburring was what I meant to put down as the subject as that was my original interest. I had ordered the rcbs tool before asking about it. Will probably order a primer pocket tool also after reading everyones informative answers. Thanks again, .257