In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mailing Powder

youngsparkeyyoungsparkey Member Posts: 398 ✭✭✭
Is it legal to mail gun powder to someone? I know when you order it online you pay a hazardous material fee, but I'm talking like 200gr not pounds. Was thinking of a powder trade with others, I'll send you 200gr of xxxx you send me 200gr of aaaa. Just to help people to be able to work out loads better without having to buy a pound of powder that might not work for them.

Comments

• Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    No, you will go to jail.

Primers and powder must be sent via ground transportation only.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Dcloco is correct you must pay HAZMAT fee Weird thing is you can ship ammo . You could always ship a cartridge that you forgot to replace the primer and loaded the case to the bottom of the neck with the powder of choice and then stuck a bullet in the neck . You would have to dump the powder out to deprime the case on the other end. and you could use that powder or another type of powder. to reload that cartride if you wanted to. [}:)]
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Ditto on what Perry shooter said. It's hardly cost effective to do it legally. You CAN sell gunpowder if you want to get rid of it, for instance, but would have to sell like 100 lb to make it worth the hazmat- and send ups.