In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lead Melting Furnace Advice?

DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
Heres the list so far to get set to load some slugs. I all ready have the powder, hulls, primers and wads.

MEC 600 Jr.- $136.99
Lee Slug Mold 1 oz.- $17.99
Lee Production Pot- $44.99

Anyone got any advice/experience with the Lee Melting furnaces? They seem to have good reviews from users.

Any advice much appreciated. Regards, Don

Comments

• Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Lee Pro 4-20, had it 4 years now works great. It's a bottum pour. The price you show is what I paid 4 years ago,get it quick. You don't have handles for the mold listed or do they come with Lee mold? For the price yo can't go wrong with the Lee furnace.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/ check down on here, something about the Lee slug you are trying.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Lee bottom pour pot works great.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    The bottom pour lees have a reputation to drip a little but usually a twist of the pour screw will fix it- usually dirt in the drip assembly seat.

In practice not a big deal as an old cat food can or similar underneath will catch any drips and over an hour might amount to an ounce or so.

Otherwise they work great and at a fraction the cost of RCBS, Lyman, etc.