In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

185gr 45acp

I am looking to reload 185gr instead of 230 is there some where i can get bullets the only ones i have found are hollow points in 185gr.

Comments

• Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.grafs.com/metallic/563

Here are a few others you could try as well...

www.Midwayusa.com
    www.Cabelas.com
    www.Cheaperthendirt.com
    www.natchezss.com

Jon
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello L.L. If it was me I would load LEAD bullets they are much cheaper and if they have the proper lube they will be much easier on the bore. Then Jacketed. I personally like the 200 grain H&G style semi wadcutter. Makes GREAT target rounds and Hunting loads.
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try this one too, www.berrysmfg.com , click on bullets in upper left side of page. For .45acp I use the Berrys 185gr plated LSWC, Winchester LP primer and 5.0gr 700X powder, with a OAL of 1.160 I have had very good results with this load. They are fired thru my, Glock 21 and Taurus PT1911. I AM ASSUMING YOU ARE ASKING FOR BULLETS FOR THE .45ACP. reloader44mag.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's wrong with a hollowpoint?

If the picture is the gun you are shooting, be careful, not all P220s will handle semiwadcutters or other odd shapes. Don't buy a thousand of something without trying a hundred.
  • Options
    pbdavepbdave Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Berry's makes a good bullet for you.. Check out their website.
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I load 200gr RNFP LazerCast, with 5gr Bullseye, been shooting them for years. The bullet shape feeds in every 45 I've encountered, and they work great on bowling pins.
    W.D.
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ALSO TRY COLORADO CAST THEY SELL GOOD CAST BULLETS AT REASONABLE PRICES
  • Options
    Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
    edited November -1
    thank you everyone. and i dont want to waste hollow points on paper targets.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do they only sell 1 and 8 lbs of powder? I am looking for good deals on primers and powders now and some of the websties above have high prices, or is it just me?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you're looking for powder, go to your local joints first and check out their prices. Where I live prices for powder and primers vary WILDLY. I actually purchase my powder at one place and get my primers from another. I recently purchased 4 lbs. of Unique for $51.99. The store I get my primers from sells the same 62.95. If you are just starting to reload, I would buy your powder in 1 lbs. quantities until you find a powder that works best for your loads. For handgun rounds Unique, WW231, and Titegroup are versatile and have served me well. Good luck.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was just looking at www.berrysmfg.com and what does 115 gr rn and 115 gr rn ds. whats the difference. heres the link
    http://www.berrysmfg.com/categories/11-0.php its like that for the 45 acp also i dont know what it means.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lucky_Lefty
    I was just looking at www.berrysmfg.com and what does 115 gr rn and 115 gr rn ds. whats the difference. heres the link
    http://www.berrysmfg.com/categories/11-0.php its like that for the 45 acp also i dont know what it means.
    The "ds" a think stands for "double struck". ds bullets go throught an extra resizing process after they are plated. You will not be disappointed with Berrys bullets. I have ordered them from their website and had no issues. When I use them for reloading I use the lead load listings for powder weights. I never load them to MAX load, usually middle of the road.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They will be ok for my P220? Im going to get 2000 rounds 1k of 9mm and 1k of 45. with prices that good better buy now.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They will be ok for my P220? Im going to get 2000 rounds 1k of 9mm and 1k of 45. with prices that good better buy now.
    Buy a couple boxes of 100 of what you want to load and try them in your gun. The 185gr. 45acp semi wad cutters have fed just fine in my Taurus PT1911 and Glock 21. don't know about a P220. Gotta go.
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    Buy a couple boxes of 100 of what you want to load and try them in your gun. The 185gr. 45acp semi wad cutters have fed just fine in my Taurus PT1911 and Glock 21. don't know about a P220. Gotta go.

Agree, your gun may also not cycle the 185's and you will need to change the buffer spring to a lighter one (at least I do when I switch between 200gr and 185gr)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Im going to stick with the 230 gr
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For those that shoot lead SWC 200 gr check out Wideners

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=1267

$120.00 for 2,000 beat every bodies price.
    Email a head of time and ask if you can get what Bob gets (seriously) and have the 2K shipped priority flat rate which will be cheaper at $13.00 so you will get 2K 200gr SWC 452 to your door for $133.00 total

Wulfmann
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck