In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

nosler 185gr jhp 45cal bullets?

ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
has anyone tried these in thier 45acp? they come 250 in a box for about $40. do they expand in game? going to maybe try them in my 45acp loaded to about 1100fps for a backup gun for deer hunting this year.what do you think? are they as good as the horn xtp?

Comments

• OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shot a wounded elk with a 40 S&W once before

I don't recommend you use that or any other auto pistol round for a back up gun while hunting less you think you'll run into some JBT's

I know the xtp's are some meat eating SoB's out of a 40 used to also shoot 135 noslers at Jack Rabbits they would more or less explode
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I can't say how they work on Game But The Nosler 185 JHP Is the bullet of choice for believe it or not the 50 yard line with the HIGH MASTER BULLS-EYE shooters They shoot better groups then any other bullet. Hitting where you aim might go a long way toward getting a quick kill.