In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

RCBS bullet puller

skyfishskyfish Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
I have the RCBS inertia, hammer like, bullet puller. I always have made a dummy round to check things out after I measure for gap from the lands. My problem is on the WSM and the WSSM. They don't fit, to fat. Is the there a fix to this or do I need a different puller.

Comments

• Options
    skyfishskyfish Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I undercharged some rounds and I wanted to pull the bullets and correct it. Right now, I only have a kinetic bullet puller. I saw the bullet puller collets at Sportsman's Warehouse but I didn't know if there is more that I need. My dies are RCBS as well.
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    You need to buy an RCBS collet bullit puller, part#09440 for the puller, then buy the caliber specific collet for the bullets you are pulling. I paid $10.99 for mine a few years ago, they are higher now. The collets are about 10 bucks each, just ordered one for 45cal. Buy them from Midway, Graf & sons, or go to your local Sportsmans Warehouse. They screw into your press just like your dies, put the loaded case in the shell holder, raise the round up into the collet, tighten the clamp and pull up on the press handle. No muss no fuss and no spilled powder.[:D][:D]
    W.D.
  • Options
    .223.223 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 on the RCBS collet puller.

It works best on long rifle bullets.