In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

reloading service needed for 308 ammo

kharrarkharrar Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
I have 900-1000 FMJ steel core 308 bullets I need loaded; can furnish brass if needed; resized and primed?? Thanks for any help, karl

Comments

• Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    Private individuals cannot legally reload ammo for you - per the BATF.

But, ask around at your local gunshop, I bet you can find a new friend that will show you how.
  • Options
    kharrarkharrar Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am in Prescott Arizona, anyone close? Would be glad to pay someone for the use of there loading equipment and a lesson. Thanks, Karl
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcloco

But, ask around at your local gunshop, I bet you can find a new friend that will show you how.

Why?

I've reload several thousands of rounds for friends that don't have the equipment..they provide the materials and some times even pull the lever
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Odawgp

Why?

I've reload several thousands of rounds for friends that don't have the equipment..they provide the materials and some times even pull the lever

Your insurance does not cover this and it is against the law if you are doing this as a business.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Why?

Your insurance does not cover this and it is against the law if you are doing this as a business.

I don't make a dime doing it

I can see were if done for profit were the BATF comes in

There are online reloading services I suspect they have the insurance and proper permits
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    You do need a FFL if you are charging to reload ammo.
    Check ATF regs. if doing it for free. They used to have a AMMO Manufactures license.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcs shooters
    Check ATF regs. if doing it for free. They used to have a AMMO Manufactures license.

I reload or manufacture several 1000's of rounds for myself and friends every yr and have never had a license

People have been reloading for yrs and yrs and have produce 10's of thousands of rounds without a license
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcs shooters

I reload or manufacture several 1000's of rounds for myself and friends every yr and have never had a license

People have been reloading for yrs and yrs and have produce 10's of thousands of rounds without a license

You are not getting the point....I give!
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    People have been smoking pot for years and that does not make it legal either.

You may load for friends but you may not load and charge for it.
    You can load their components and would hesitate to say if they reimbursed you for your components if that was even legal.

The only reloads I ever sell are those I bought from someone else.
    I never sell mine as I do not want to see how close to the BATFE line I can get but prefer to stay clear of it.

IMO

Wulfmann
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    If I and many others were to reload for someone we wouldn't do it without access to the rifle anyway. Especially if you are looking at matching factory balistics. Any responsible reloader is going to want to "work up" the loads to insure they are safe in the gun they are to be fired in and that can't be done without the gun. That is not an issue with commercial manufatureres who generally have testing equipment to insure their loads mee specs for pressure.
  • Options
    edited November -1

No you don't get it!

You said that a private individual can't reload for him

there was no mention of money exchanging hands in the original post

I do get it and understand that a private individual cannot profit from reloading unless they have an FFL or Ammo manufactures license

As to mythical reloader's license (ammo manufs) that keeps being mentioned albeit 99.9999% of all reloader's DON'T have and is not applicable to the original post. as there was never any mention of a monetary transaction that was going to take place

If he lived closer I'd be more than happy to reload his components for him as I have done for more than a few friends. All I get out of is maybe a drink
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No you don't get it!

You said that a private individual can't reload for him

there was no mention of money exchanging hands in the original post

I do get it and understand that a private individual cannot profit from reloading unless they have an FFL or Ammo manufactures license

As to mythical reloader's license (ammo manufs) that keeps being mentioned albeit 99.9999% of all reloader's DON'T have and is not applicable to the original post. as there was never any mention of a monetary transaction that was going to take place

If he lived closer I'd be more than happy to reload his components for him as I have done for more than a few friends. All I get out of is maybe a drink

The questions you NEED to ask yourself...

Do YOU have enough insurance? (homeowner's will not get the job done)

Do YOU have a GREAT lawyer?

Do YOU have the money to pay a great lawyer?

Bud - I tried to answer the gents question in a reasonable manner. YOU blew it waaaaay out of proportion.

A person, on a PUBLIC forum, with TWO posts to their credit, requested a simple request. Obviously, he has not checked into the FEDERAL LAW....and you have not either.

He posted he would supply brass, if needed. If you sell ONE piece of brass, you are now an ammunition manufacturer and should have the appropriate license, insurance, etc. If something happened and you received payment, of ANY kind (including "drink"), a good prosecutor would have YOUR hide nailed to the wall.

I TRIED to point him in the same direction that you are, but you insist to argue a MOOT point.

You REALLY DON'T GET IT!!!! [8]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Moot point indeed

sorry to have wasted your time

It's illegal to reload I get it [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Moot point indeed

sorry to have wasted your time

It's illegal to reload I get it [;)]

Just another TROLL!

Illegal to reload and receive PAYMENT. D o I n e e d t o t y p e s l o w e r f o r y o u? [B)]