In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Reloads

William A HarlandWilliam A Harland Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭
I have a British no 3 mark 1e by eddystone 1908 that has been sporterzied to a 300weatherby magnum, Im looking for a good load to reload and a good powder to use with it.

Comments

• Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The powder depends alot on the bullet weight. The hevier the bullet you choose the slower the powder must be. A fast powder with a heavy bullet will produce a pressure spike. the powder must continue to burn as the bullet accelerates. That is why most magnums work well with longer barells. There are powders that may work well between say, two bullet weights, like 150- 165, and maybe one for 165-180, but not any one powder for the whole spectrum of 30 cal bullets from 130 to 220 and beyond. Hope this helps you pick a powder.
  • Options
    oneoldsaponeoldsap Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .300 Wby. on a britsh action?? that is scarey.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    If it is an Eddystone it is not a no3, it is a P14. That's a Mauser action and is fine with the 300 Weatherby magnum.

Not having reloaded this cartridge I can't comment on powders, however I would think IMR 4350 or 4891 would be good choices.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RL22, RL25, N165, imr7828, H1000 etc