In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

30 newton loads?

frisky-maddogfrisky-maddog Member Posts: 208 ✭✭
anyone out there have load data or shoot the 30 newton? i would like to know so i can shoot mine but never have i even hade some brass made for it but never loaded anything up. have the dies just no loads for it. any help from the newton shooters?

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Please doNOT try these loads until you have other's input as I am only reading them fro 3th edition of Cartridges of the world.
    150 grain bullet 4320 powder 67 grains MV 3175
    150 grain bullet 4831 powder 76 grains MV 3100
    180 grain bullet 4320 powder 62 grains MV 2840
    180 grain bullet 4831 powder 73 grains MV 2890
    200 grain bullet 4350 powder 66 grains MV 2730
    180 grain bullet factory load MV 2860
    MAKE SURE YOU GET OTHERS INPUT I HAVE NEVER LOADED THESE ROUNDS just passing along what I read. Great rifle but could be close to 100 years old many years before its time. I had a 257 newton should have never sold it [:(!][V][xx(][:(]
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    30 Newton made from 300 H&H cases---
    4350==72.0 grains==150 SP==3090 FPS
    4350==68.0 grains==180 SP==2838 FPS
    4895==50.0 grains==150S SP===???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i have a bunch of serria bullets would that be the best to use? 150 and 180 grain and 4350 powder. also how do you know how far to seat them? i am new to reloading. i have a rockcrusher or a dillion 550b to use which would be the best choice. i have never reloaded rifle or handgun ammo yet but want to start. i have no problem reloading shotgun shells on my ponsness warren i was told that was a good choice. just lucky that i bought that going into a gun show for $100. my wife and i like to shoot trap and this made it alot more affordable not to mention the fun of making up your own pet loads. my wife loves to reload the shotgun shells and has shot a 25 but the best i have is 75. one time i shot and missed the first hit the next 123 then missed the last all of that in my first tournament. i hope that reloading the handgun and rifle will bring the same results.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A good rule of thumb for seating bullets is to start with the base of the bullet at the base of the neck....
    Stay a grain or 2 under the loads shown to start with, and work up to a good shooting load for your rifle...
    Watch for pressure signs, and be careful......
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks mrbruce
    should the rockcrusher be used and my digital scale to check for consistence.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It would be a very good idea to do just that.... The rock chucker will do a good job for you, never cared to load on a progressive unless it was tons of pistol ammo for the 38......
    I'm to old to be in a hurry about reloading anything now days....
  • Options
    CryptoChiefCryptoChief Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    frisky-maddog - Are your refering to the 30 Belted Newton i.e. the 30-338?

CC
  • Options
    edited November -1
    no just the regular 30 newton.