In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.223 reload

TKP55TKP55 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
Having just acquired an AR and finding that ammo is becoming more scarce, I'm wondering if reloading might be an option. I've never done reloading before so am a total novice. How many times can you reload a case? I see ads for once fired, but never more than that. Also, is there a supply problem with the bullets or powder, or empty cases?

Comments

• Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    Hi welcome to the forum. Reloading is a good option but can be a little expensive up front. And .223 is a great case to load for. Get a set of small base dies, case trimmer, a single stage press, powder measure and a scale. AA2015 is a good powder and 55 gr FMJ bullets. A reloading book is almost a must too. You can reload a case 4-6 times with an AR but that is about it. No problem with bullets, powder etc, check with powder valley...they have a website. Any more questions feel free to ask.
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,039 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Before you get anything else get the ABC's of reloading and read it.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    You can buy all the brass and bullets you want or need on the auction side. Some brass is already processed, ready to load.
  • Options
    TKP55TKP55 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks everyone for your comments and information.