In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BrassDealer and his sale's methods

rcbsmanrcbsman Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
Am coming on to "rant" about a member of GunBrokers.com. I ordered 4000 rds of "once fired brass" from him on 8/07/08 [ unforunately for me not thru the aution site as I was was] searching for a supplier who could provide larger quanities then any that were "on sale", he did however cash the check on 11/12/08, and has not responded tto numerous email requests for updates on my order, something I'm sure neither you nor I would do to a customer no matter what the circumstances. Dumb mistake, as GunBrokers.com cannot resolve this issue or censure this guy, in any way since I did not by the brass on auction. If I turn out to be wrong and he does email me or send the brass, I will publictly apologish, on this site and in person[via email] for "bad mouthing" BrassDealer, the name GunBrokers gave me for his Email address. Even if a misunderstanding will still apologize. Needed to "vent my anger as I wait fro newly ordered brass to arrive and "cull thru rnage brass in hope of finding any usable brass, that I'm no asshamed to use for my customers, w/ 50% going in my "junk brass bucket" rcbsman

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    So, if I have this right you are willing to go outside of GunBroker to make deals and take money from GB and deal with a seller that you would know nothing about if it were not for GunBroker. But you are perfectly willing to use the FREE GunBroker forums that are paid for from said auctions on GB and are here as a courtesy from GunBroker? Am I correct? IF so. What are you thinking?

P.S. This has nothing to do with competition shooting and realoding.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    BHAVIN: I sent you an email letting you know I had made a "big mistake" by not buying thru the auction site and to let you know I am a long time member of GunBroker's.Com [was out of touch for 8 months or so due to illness] so am listed as a new mwmber. I alreday 'fessed up" to gun Brokers on my mistake and my on personal conduct on this matter. And will accept what ever they think is appropriate action towards me. Hope this clears up your good question, I have been beating myself over the head ever since I did it!!! OK? not mad at you BHAVIN, just feeling darn foolish for my mistake alreday without being remimded of it by. thanks for your input,it was "right on" rcbsman
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Did you read his feedback before you bid on his item [?][?]
    His feedback was very good until this month. Mabe he has some kind of problems and can't get back with buyers.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    RCBSman, my email through GB will not work on the forum side. We can't seem to get it fixed.

Sorry to come down on you. I can sure admit that we ALL make mistakes. I hope you get it cleared up. It does seem odd that it took so long for him to cash your check.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    dcs shooters: re: BrassDealer, of course I read his rep. 30 plus and I have emailed him 8 times and the dude did cash my check on the 12th of Nov. What kind of excuse could he have? Sorry don't mean to take out on you, but after an email on Nov 6 have not heard back from this guy, no matter what happened, he could have had the basic decency to have contacted me? rcbsman. As to the sale "outside the auction" I have already confessed to Gunbrokers this problem and explained I was looking for a supplier who could provide large quanities of 223 brass and not bid on a number of 1 or 2 K amounts, they accepted this and are preparing to respond on this issue as we "talk" thanks for your input. rcbsman
  • Options
    joesjoes Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If he sent the brass after cashing the check, it could still be in the mail. I too sell alot of brass through gunbroker with almost 100 sales this year, (customreloading) and I can tell you from experence that if the package did not go priorty mail it could take 7-10 business days( US postal service cost cutting measure- send only full trucks out). Like has been said the feedback system keeps everyone honest. I truely feel bad if they took advantage of you, I hope not! Joe
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I read his feedback, and he has the same problem with another buyer. He is not answering his phone either. If you went through the auction, you could have got his address and phone number after the sale.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    To "joes" and "dcsshooters" My problem is not only the brass not arriving yet, but this guy has not answered any of my emails [8 times] since he sent the address on Nov 4 08 and his name Eric Moore, known on Gun brokers.com as BrassDealer. Now tell what kind of excuse he could have short of dying or being dead. Anyone with any more helpful advise? Please don't tkae that wrong I do appreciate you taking the time to post a response. This 11/19/08 and it started on 11/04/08 do you really think he will send the brass? I have decided to "drop the issue" with Gun Brokers.com and not waste any more of their time or mine and write the 195.00 off as a lesson to deal with People I know on this site in the future example [silver fox] sells brass and have dealt with him before with good results. If anyone else has a contact you "totally trust" Please advise other wise this is now a "dead" subject. Many thanks to all who responded and other readers beware of BrassDealer in your dealings on GunBroker.com. Sincerely rcbsman