In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

25-06 reloading question.....bullets

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
I am going to be helping a friend set up some loads for his 25-06. Does anyone have any suggestions for a few different bullets to try. It is mostly used for varmints. A couple of different bullets to try would be good for now.

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i've had good results with Rem 100 grain corelokt in the 25/06 for coyotes and smaller deer. I've also used a boattail softpoint which I bought in a bulk pack and think they are Speer. These are pretty accurate but I've not seen one exit a deer yet.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Remington 87 grain for anything from ground hogs to coyotes Nosler partitioned 115 or 117 grain for deer and larger. 4831 powder.
  • Options
    cattle buyercattle buyer Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Berger 115 gr MVLD,a friend loaded 10 for my .25wssm, they were awesome, on loaded ammo I love the Win superX 120 gr PEP,I killed two bucks a week and half ago at 165-79 yards,in and out split hearts and jello top end! Win makes the same load in 25-06 if you want a good coyote,deer load. [:)] edit Sierra Match Kings 100gr in .25 cal are always good.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    You'll have more fun than you can imagine with the 85 grain Nosler Ballistic tip in that 25/06...... H-4350 will make sure of that..... Any weights over 100 grains, use H-4831....