In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 1400

About 28 years ago I shot a little trap with my Win 1400. I am sure there is a way to keep it from automatically eject the fired hull, but, I'll be darned if I can remember how. Does anyone know, or, am I going looney?

I want to take this opportunity to thank any who have served, in any capacity at any time. We owe you people and we will never be able to repay you for your sacrifice. All I can do is say thank you.

Comments

• Options
    336marlin336marlin Member Posts: 201 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe you had one of the clip on type spent shell catchers on it at that time. Installs or removes in a couple of seconds by hooking onto the bottom of the ejection port.
  • Options
    pit_viper_53pit_viper_53 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know I didn't have any attachment. May be I am suffering from oldsheimers. But I do remember that on some of the ranges, hulls that hit the ground belong to the club, and I have always reloaded, and I always managed to hang on to mine.
  • Options
    PA ShootistPA Shootist Member Posts: 689 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Many years ago, in the late '60's, early '70's, I had a Remington 1100 Trap gun, and there was a device that replaced the bolt actuating handle, which could be removed by simply pulling out past a spring-loaded ball detent. The device was pushed in to catch in the detent in the same manner, and had a fork that caught the empty case just outside the ejection port. It was very easily attached/detached. I am pretty sure I remember some Winchester auto shooters with a similar device. The same rule prevailed, if the shell casing hit the ground, it belonged to the club. I always thought the real reasons for the rule were safety and no disruptions. Shooting on a family budget, the empty casings were of value for reloading. And I remember being very impressed by my first sight of a real high roller shooter, a gent shooting skeet with a Perazzi over/under casually breaking open his shotgun and flicking the empty factory casings onto the ground!