In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

22 super jet 22-256 loads

litetriggerlitetrigger Member Posts: 320 ✭✭
anyone have any data on the 22 super jet (22-256) loads? etc. thanks

Comments

• Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    What are you shooting, a revolver or a rifle? Bolt action? Level action? Single shot?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is it also same as 22 Jet Ackley Improved?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am shooting a BSA Martini cadet. 22" bbl. I don't know if it is the same as Ackley Jet. I do use 22 Jet cases and fire form. It holds almost as much powder as the 221 fireball. think I can use that data?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Litetrigger,

Could you give me some basic case measurements? Especially length of case to shoulder and length of case to neck/shoulder junction, and diameter of the case at the shoulder. With those measurements I can give you better information. FYI I am not sure I would use Ackley info out of his book, his stuff in his book tends to be really hot!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The case is .850 to sholder and .968 to neck at sholder. dia. is .379 at head and .361 at sholder. Thanks
  • Options
    fishmastyfishmasty Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This sounds NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:I]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think what you have is a 22 Jet Ackley Imp. Does the shoulder angle look like its about 40 degrees? As for loads, I would suggest you start with 218 Bee loads. The Bee SAMMI max is about 46,000 psi and the 22 Jet Ackley Imp SAMMI max is 40,000 psi but the Bee case is smaller. I would start with 4227, 4198, H4198 or 1680. I like 1680 the best.
  • Options
    mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With a Powley Computer you can calculate loads for any bore diameter, bullet weight and case size if you measure how many grains of water the case will hold.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Litetrigger,

Could you tell me the case weight in grains and total water capacity when filled to the top? I can't find any reloading data but I have a computer load program that can calculate it for different powders with this info.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The empty case is 76.1 gr. and with water it is 98.7 gr.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Litetrigger

These are MAX loads on my quickload program with a Hornady 40 gr VMax bullet. Start out 10% less.

1680 16.5gr...IMR 4227 14.5gr...H110 15.0gr. They are all going about 3000fps out of a 22 inch barrel. If you have access to a chrono that would be nice so we can cross check.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    5mmgunguy, thanks much, good info. I'll get started today. litetrigger
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No problem. Glad I could be of help. Would really like to hear how the testing goes. Sounds like you have one great little gun there.