In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Joining the ranks of reloaders

shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
Well, as a nice suprise today, I was given everything I need to reload. A bonanza press, which seems to be built like a tank, plenty of dies, and all other tools needed. I am sure I will have questions soon!

Comments

• Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Be carful, it's VERY addicting, but it's almost as much fun as ropeing steers and sex with the lights on. Feel free to ask questions, none of us where born knowing how to reload. You will learn that the devil is in the details, and pretty much, if it ain't in a book, don't load it.Another good site is the ReloadingBench.com
    W.D.
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Better to ask a question than to have a mishap. Ask away, and enjoy your new hobby.
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Not too many have "Bonanza" presses. It's a good'un!
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Excellent! Welcome to the most fun you can have out of bed. Be smart and ask questions if you don't feel you're completely up on something.
  • Options
    flyingtorpedoflyingtorpedo Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the dark side! Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question, even if you feel stupid for asking. Start reading so you can start asking questions. I made that plural for a reason, you will probably have more than one. I think I've asked 10 questions for one caliber. Don't forget about the search feature as well. Lots of good ifno to be found in searches as well.
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I didn't even know the Cartwrights reloaded!!! See you can learn something on here! Ask away and welcome.
  • Options
    milshootermilshooter Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CapnMidnight
    You will learn that the devil is in the details, and pretty much, if it ain't in a book, don't load it.Another good site is the ReloadingBench.com
    W.D.

I tried your suggestion of ReloadingBench.com and nothing is there. Is there a special address for it? I also tried TheReloadingBench.com and met with similar results.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    milshootermilshooter Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    http://www.reloadbench.com/main.html

Thanks - that link worked MUCH better!
  • Options
    dgacdgac Member Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be carful, it's VERY addicting,

+1.....kinda like forums[:p] funny I find myself in the reloading room at midnight sizing 30 06 brass. I have 2 50 cal ammo cans full of loaded already. I dont know what your loading but I assume its a rifle. I personally like remington large 9 1/2 primmers. Dont like cci but do like cci small bench rest primers. You'll find what you like and check your load them check it again!

dgac
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Be carful, it's VERY addicting, but it's almost as much fun as ropeing steers and sex with the lights on. Feel free to ask questions, none of us where born knowing how to reload. You will learn that the devil is in the details, and pretty much, if it ain't in a book, don't load it.Another good site is the ReloadingBench.com
    W.D.
    Good advice, but try finding reloading data for 8X60R Kropatschek or .41 Swiss in the manuals. [;)]

Seriously, the best info I can give for starting is to read a few good books on it, followed by seeing someone actually DO it, if possible.