In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

308 PRVI-PARTIZAN

JKB57JKB57 Member Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
Has anyone shot much of the PRVI-PARTIZAN 308 match ammo in 168 or 175 gr.What results and is this any good??

Comments

• flyingtorpedoflyingtorpedo Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've never shot any of their match ammo but do like their 145 grain 308. I've heard that it's pretty good ammo. Not quite Gold Medal or Black Hills but still very good for the price. You can read some reviews of it at www.midwayusa.com. Hope it helps.
  • sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JKB57,

I've shot the 'non-match stuff' too and it is pretty good. I've also shot Prvi in 7.65x53, 8x57(7.92), 7.5x55 and 6.5x55 and it has all shot very, very well. It usually stays right up with my handloads in those rifles/calibers.

Edit:

Duh...forgot to answer the question. I shot the 8x57 (PPU match) through my son's Reminginton 700 classic and I have to say it is DAMN accurate!...sub MOA @300 yds w/3 rds. of 5 touching. The 7.65 Argentine almost did the same. That's my opinion of their match ammo.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    How do you pronounce "PRVI"?
  • mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    For cheep factory ammo its good value, should do 1-2" groups @100+ yds all day! think its lapua brass , so the shells are worth saving for reloads, i reloaded some 10+ times , still good .
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Shot a few rounds of it. Did pretty well, but I wasn't exactly shooting it out of a match gun so I can't say it was a truly fair test vs. anything else.

One more thing; def. not Lapua brass. Ammo with the NNY headstamp has been made for decades at the PRVI plant in serbia. I'm pretty sure they make it on site. I know at least I have seen 8mm Mauser ammo from the 70s with the NNY stamp, and some older 308 ammo too.
  • DENWADENWA Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    PRVI is pronounced "PRIVY" at my house.

Since it's made in Serbia, I doubt it's Lapua brass. If it is, it must be reject brass as it not very consistent in weight.

I've shot the 168gr HPBT. Accuraccy was OK. ~1in at 100yds. good for factory ammo. not so great for Match ammo. but for $10 a box it was a deal.