In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Unfired IMI 223 and 308 brass @ Wideners

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Product Name Quantity on Hand Add to Cart

IMI223BR IMI 223 UNPRIMED BRASS $145.00/1000 (39 On Hand) Log In

IMI308BR IMI 308CAL WIN BRASS $177.00/1000 (130 On Hand) Log In

IMI76239BR IMI 7.62 X 39 UNP BRASS $166.00/1000 (NONE on hand) Log In
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I pick up all I need at my local range for free. But Wideners is a good outfit to deal with.
  • Options
    flyingtorpedoflyingtorpedo Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    308 is very hard to come by at my range and there's not much 223 either. Too many scroungers like me around. You are right, Wideners is good to deal with.
  • Options
    altecgbaltecgb Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What makes this brass better than any other? I can see that it is unfired but the price is not great compared to once fired.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Past experience is that IMI brass is premium quality military specification.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    Past experience is that IMI brass is premium quality military specification.

That's what I've heard so I decided to get mine, althought I've never delt with any IMI brass before. I read some people find it to be close to LC quality. For unfired brass the price was right as well. Before it was sold out, Widener's stated the 308 was thicker than commercial brass. I thought it would be good for my M1A. And because I find very little 308 brass and alot of what is for sale has been fired from a MG or someone else's M1A/M14 clone I thought for that price I would just get new brass. That way not only do I know it's history but also have brass that hasn't been used and save myself the time and effort of cleaning, sizing, trimming, ect. They do have lots of 7.62x39 in stock right now.

Lots of the brass I've been finding lately I wouldn't use anyway. Yesterday I was sorting through some of the brass I picked up last time at the range. I was thrilled because I was picking up lots of 30-06 brass. I wasn't so thrilled when I looked at it becasue I bet 40 of them, and most of the 30-06 I picked up, had been fired through a rifle with major problems. The cases were stretched at least 1/8" around where the web/body meet. I could easily see bright shinny ring and where I was it wasn't very bright and the cases weren't clean either. Those went strait into the scrap bucket. I'm shocked some of those didn't at least partially seperate. I sure hope whoever owns that rifle looks at the cases and gets it checked out.
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I most always shoot on Monday morning but as noted there has been little brass of late.
    Until this past Monday.

Not sure why but there were over 650 rounds of once fired 223; exactly 300 LC, 180 PMC and 150 Fiocchi plus some others.
    There was also 22 7.62X54R and 150 or so 308 with being 68 FC

Very odd and no one else showed up so I got it all.
    Its all mine!!!!LOL

I now take home corrosive cases and have been collecting all bad brass and have filled one 5 gallon bucket and started a second.

Have not seen IMI for a while and being a regular at Widener's it is nice to see their prices did not jump as other places on Nov 5-6 although they sold out of Wolf so fast they may not have had the chance anyway.

Wulfmann
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thought I'd share how much the delay in shipping is at Widner's incase others have orders pending. I just received an email from Widner's/UPS giving me my tracking number. I ordered this right before I posted. All-in-all I thought an 11 day delay was pretty good considering not long after I ordered it they posted a 14 day delay on their website.

Nice find Wulfmann. Wish I had such luck. I, like several others are doing, am picking up any brass around. It's good for selling, trading, using, or tossing in the scrap bucket. However it gets used, it something for nothing-well almost nothing if you count picking it up.
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    wideners says they are now shipping orders made on 11-07-08. i ordered some 223 ammo on the 12th. looks like ive got a bit a long wait for it to come in.
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    well still havent recieved any confirmation from them about my order other then their website listing my order as reaieved. ordered it on the 12th. this seem odd to anyone else?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I ordered some ammo from them on the 12th and it hasn't been shipped yet. Be patient and if you haven't gotten a tracking number by the end of the week, email them.
  • Options
    PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess I'm out of luck with Widener's. I live about 18 miles from their warehouse. Since they have started taking internet orders only, I can't drive over and pick up items as they have shut down their little sales outlet. I had a good thing going for about 30 years as I didn't have to pay hazmat fees for powder and primers. It may not matter as soon as the new government gets through with implementing its new safety issues concerning ammunition and reloading. I for one, will not be able to pay $5.00 plus for each bullet or round. It was nice while it lasted though.
  • Options
    Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
    edited November -1
    I hope they get some more brass in stock I need some