In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

223 brass

Anyone know where there is cheap once fired 223 brass. i thought someone posted a website for 1000 for 75 or 55 bucks.

Comments

• Options
    Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
    edited November -1
    I have a ruger mini 14 ranch rifle and want to reload 223 ammo. Are there certain types of brass that are not good to buy, for example military, etc? I have heard some have corrosion problems and also do not feed well when shot.
    As I am a novice at this I would appreciate as much mundane detail as you feel the time to share with me.
    Many Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    what kinds of brass are you guys using in your 223's? is the winchester brass a good choice or some other brands more highly recomended?
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try visiting 1919A4.com guys sell brass on there from time to time.
  • Options
    amamnnamamnn Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For what it's worth, you'd be well advised to get feedback from people who have bought "once fired" brass from any online source you may be thinking about using. There's a lot of tired .223/5.56 brass being sold online lately, and also a lot of brass deformed from being run through full auto weapons. If you do find some decent stuff, and it is ex-military brass you'll need to remove the primer pocket crimp, which can be tedious if you need to do a lot of cases and are trying to use a chamfer tool.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I found it, it was wideners.
  • Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought some cheap 223 brass last summer and wore out 2 tumblers getting it clean enough to size and still ruined one sizer die. Another $10/1000 would have been a better deal.