In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A dillon 1050

SawzSawz Member Posts: 6,049
was dumped in my lap a few years ago , and I had no place to set it up. I am now getting ready to redo a room for reloading. Im thinking from what I have read this may be expensive to set up different calibers. does anyone have any idea what it costs for the tooling to change from one caliber to the next as compared to the 650? Im almost thinking of selling this thing off and going to a 650, any thoughts or expertise in this area?

Comments

• brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Runs around $400 /caliber the 650 is around$ 175. I have the 650, great machine, the only extra I got for it was auto case feed, you really need it. If you do sell auction it here and post a link in GD forum.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I ran hundreds of thousands of rounds through a 1050. Unless you have intimate knowledge of the press set up can be a challenge. The primer seating system is solid but needs to be understood for adjusting. Caliber changes that require a different base size takes about 30 minutes to set up. Once they are up and running you can crank thousands of rounds out in very short order.
  • Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a S1050 .45 ACP. Great for high production of one caliber, but I load the other stuff on a 550 which is simpler to change over.
  • SawzSawz Member Posts: 6,049
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys that helps alot with the decision making process. I don't need a high production machine and am thinking the 650 is fast enough for all my needs plus some, a little more economical to.
    What do you think a used one would go for?
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Auction it here .01 start no reserve. put the link in General Discussion and here.