In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

informal competition

dbain99dbain99 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭
Last year my brother a cousin and myself each bought a Bushmaster Predator. We do some coyote hunting and informal competition shooting amongst each other.(usually 100 to 500 yards). This year we are discussing adding a bolt gun into the mix. Trying to get out to the 500 to 800 yard range. I would like to choose a .30-06 because I already own two and would like to stick with that caliber. Now for the fun part, choosing a rifle to fit the bill without breaking the bank. The bank will be approx. $1,500 with about $500 going towards glass. Savage, Browning, Tikka, Weatherby, Remington, Howa, Kimber . . .
None of us reload but I can see that changing in a year or so.

Comments

• amamnnamamnn Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The savage F-class version rifle in 6mm BR would put any 30-06 into the weeds. Wellllllll, after you got rid of that trigger--yes I know all about the accuthingy.

After buying a trigger from these folks--http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/ -- that would just about be right on your budget. oops I just saw the glass part--well, a Weaver T 36 won't cost all that much.......................
  • shooteroneshooterone Member Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I own and shoot the Savage model 12 low profile in 308. Great rifle for target and varmits. Bad news is they dont chamber one in the 30-06. Good news is they will chamber one in a caliber of your choice for special order. How much they charge for that service I have no idea. The suggested list price on that rifle is $991. Your real world price will be some less than that. Give them a call and check it out. About reloading, get into it. It is a great lifetime hobby which I know will make your shooting much more enjoyable. Lots of luck.