In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

9mm luger load

44shotdoctor44shotdoctor Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
I can't seem to find loads for 9mm luger in a 125gr lead rn. I like bullseye the best and can't seem to find a load. Does anyone have a receipe?

Comments

• nambu1nambu1 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like 4grs of Bullseye for my 125gr LRN for my P38s and Luger.
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    3.8-4.2gr Bullseye
    5.1-5.5gr Unique
    4.7-5.1gr 231
    3.7-4.1 700X
    3.2-4.2gr AA-2
    4.7-5.8gr AA-5
    This is a few that you are looking for.

EDITOAL 1.150, out of Midway LoadMAP.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcs shooters
    3.8-4.2gr Bullseye
    5.1-5.5gr Unique
    4.7-5.1gr 231
    3.7-4.1 700X
    3.2-4.2gr AA-2
    4.7-5.8gr AA-5
    This is a few that you are looking for.

What books is that out of and whats the overall length?
  • fire for effectfire for effect Member Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Related to this, I have been told that you have to load 9mm really hot to make a luger function the way it was intended. Is this true??
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello Fire for effect. Part of what you have been told is SORT OF TRUE like every semi auto pistol the load must match the design of the recoil system of the pistol to cycle the action correctly and the firmness that the shooter holds the pistol . Because of the age of Lugers many are suggish However if taken down and cleaned then properly oiled they seem to function with most any commercial ammo with the correct weight bullet as designed for them. THE BIG DANGER in loading HOT loads is you can destroy the front BREACH FACE of the toggle assm. and may injury yourself . Parts are VERY HARD TO FIND and if you have an "all matching" pistol and then break a part you are SOL[:(!][:(]. If you want to HOT-ROD a 9MM I would personally do it on another pistol not a 60+ year old collector item. Your Mileage May Vary.
  • 44 shotdoctor44 shotdoctor Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the receipes. What I have now tried in bullseye are 3.6 bullseye at 975fps and 4.3 at 1150fps. The 4.3 shots very similar to factory loads. I most likely will settle for is around 4.0 grains for a 125gr rn. Thanks you all.
  • swagg68swagg68 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not to to be argumentative with DCS, but what the original poster asked is exactly what I have been researching. From my research, since I am using Win 231 their data sheets show 3.9 - 4.4 grains, min to max loads with LCN bullets, which as far as I can tell is basically a LRN bullet. If I am wrong please let me know, because I am about to load my first batch at the low end of the range for testing.
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by swagg68
    Not to to be argumentative with DCS, but what the original poster asked is exactly what I have been researching. From my research, since I am using Win 231 their data sheets show 3.9 - 4.4 grains, min to max loads with LCN bullets, which as far as I can tell is basically a LRN bullet. If I am wrong please let me know, because I am about to load my first batch at the low end of the range for testing.
    Lymans manual shows 3.2 thru 4.2gr with a OAL of 1.115 start low and work up...this is for WW231