In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

headaches from shooting

mowenmowen Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
I've been doing clay shooting for about a year now, and I get a headache whenever I go. I dont mean the kind that go away on their own, I have to take 3 advil. I'm pretty sure its the smell of the powder, because I've had the same problem when working with sulfur in chemistry. Is there any other kind of powder I can use?

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Strange you posted this when I first started reloading and shooting I used to get some REALLY bad headaches. . I know nitroglycerin can be absorbed through the skin and powder has Nitroglycerin in it however I got the head ache from ALOX bullet lube I found this out by accident had a tub of the stuff and was making some sticks of lube and in 30 seconds after getting on my hands I had such a headache I had to quit thought it was just a headache and when I went back to finish the job a week later I worked with rubber gloves for an hour all was fine took gloves off and again got a headache in less then one minute.
  • Options
    pinkmistpinkmist Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    FWIW Get your eyes checked. Eyestrain will give you headachs too. Over 40 and in denial caused wicked headachs for me[8D]